11/14/13

Meth Addict Drags Trooper, Gets Shot and Sentenced to 30 Years in Jail


A Clay County Judge showed no mercy to a troubled Kansas City driver high on meth, who last July, dragged a Missouri state trooper alongside his car for a few hundred feet before the officer shot him twice, sentencing him to 30 years in prison.

Footage sourced from Missouri Highway Patrol Corporal Cody Dunfee's patrol car dashcam that was released by the Clay County Prosecutors Office shows how it all went down when the cop pulled over Alan Hampton, initially for a speeding violation, according to The Kansas City Star.

"As I approached the car, I noticed what appeared to be a black square object in his waistband," Dunfee said. "I kind of figured that he was trying to hide something in the car. I didn't know what it was at the time."

Seconds later, Hampton took off, but Dunfee held onto the car and managed to pull and fire his gun twice, hitting the driver in his hand and leg, forcing him to stop, at which point, we hear him in the video yelling, “You shot me? You shot me! … Oh my God.”

"It happened so quick and to this day, I still don't know why I more or less dove into that car," Dunfee said.

It was found later that Hampton had a gun in his car. According to reports, Hampton has been in trouble with the law for more than 20 years.


VIDEO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Post

free counters